COVID-19: Pakistan’s confirmed cases jumps to 28,736, recovery rate rose to 7,809

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Pakistan rose to 28,736 on Saturday after new infections were confirmed in the country.
The province-wise break up of the total number of cases are as under:
Total confirmed cases: 28,736
• Sindh: 10,771
• Punjab: 10,471
• Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 4,509
• Balochistan: 1,876
• Islamabad Capital Territory: 609
• Gilgit-Baltistan: 421
• AJK: 79
Deaths: 636
• Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 234
• Sindh: 181
• Balochistan: 24
• Gilgit-Baltistan: 4
• Punjab: 194
• Islamabad Capital Territory: 4
Officials have recorded more than 3.95 million cases and more than 273,000 deaths since the virus emerged in China in December.
More than 1,000 virus cases reported in last 24 hours: CM Sindh
Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah said that ever since the first coronavirus cases were reported in the province, around 1,080 new infections have emerged within the last 24 hours.
The chief minister, in a video statement, said that the situation is quite alarming and people need to remain vigilant in this regard.
CM Murad said 5,498 tests were conducted out of which the results of 20% or more patients than 1,000 came back positive.
He said that the tally of confirmed cases across the province stood at 10,771 and four deaths were recorded.
The chief minister further said that the number of deceased due to the coronavirus have reached 180 so far.
He said that 246 positive cases were reported from Khairpur’s Pir Jo Goth, following which strict lockdown measures have been ordered in the area.
Regarding recoveries, Shah said that 80 patients were reported to have been virus-free within the past 24 hours.
Thousands of people line up for free food in Geneva during COVID-19 crisis
In one of the world’s most expensive cities, thousands of people lined up Saturday for free food, as the COVID-19 crisis casts a spotlight on Geneva’s usually invisible poor.
In the Swiss city famous for its private banks, luxury watchmakers and fancy boutiques, people began lining up at 5:00 am (0300 GMT) Saturday, according to the association Caravane de Solidarite, the main organiser of the event.
By the time the distribution at Geneva’s Vernets hockey stadium began four hours later, the queue of people, most wearing masks and standing two metres (six feet) apart, stretched and wound for about 1.5 kilometres (1 mile).
Organisers said they believed at least as many people had showed up as a week earlier, when well over 2,000 took part.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.