On the invitation of the Prime Minister of Japan His Excellency Mr. Naoto Kan, the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan His Excellency Mr. Asif Ali Zardari visited Japan on 21 – 23 February 2011.
2. In the course of the go to, President Asif Ali Zardari held in depth discussions with Prime Minister Naoto Kan and members of his cupboard. President Zardari additionally interacted with the heads of necessary Japanese enterprise companies and the Japanese enterprise group.
3. The 2 leaders determined to additional strengthen bilateral relations for a complete partnership for peace and growth.
4. The 2 leaders expressed satisfaction at excessive stage dialogues, together with International Ministers’ conferences, political consultations, excessive stage financial dialogue, safety dialogue and government-business dialogue and determined to proceed to carry common in depth exchanges on issues of mutual curiosity.
5. President Zardari acknowledged with appreciation Japan’s position as a key associate in selling commerce, funding and growth in Pakistan.
6. The 2 leaders determined to boost mutually helpful financial and commerce interplay by selling and inter alia devising applicable methods and means to facilitate non-public sector cooperation; joint ventures; monetary and banking sector cooperation; agriculture and meals cooperation; mineral assets growth, vitality sector cooperation and institution of Japan-specific industrial zones in Pakistan.
7. President Zardari appreciated Japan’s position in guaranteeing peace, stability and prosperity within the wider Asia-Pacific area, and specifically, Japan’s efforts to advertise stability and growth in Afghanistan.
8. Prime Minister Kan acknowledged the geo-political significance of Pakistan and appreciated the numerous contributions being made by Pakistan in selling international and regional peace, safety and stability.
9. The 2 leaders acknowledged that the steadiness and growth of Afghanistan is significant for regional stability and acknowledged that each Governments will proceed their assist to Afghanistan. They famous the significance of selling regional growth cooperation.
10. The 2 leaders reaffirmed their unequivocal condemnation of terrorism in all its kinds and manifestations and resolved to strengthen their efforts in curbing the menace, together with via capability constructing.
11. Prime Minister Kan appreciated the position being performed by Pakistan in combating terrorism and extremism and acknowledged the immense sacrifices, each human and materials, made by Pakistan within the ongoing efforts to struggle terrorism and extremism. President Zardari underscored Pakistan’s continued dedication to struggle this twin menace.
12. Prime Minister Kan welcomed the settlement between Pakistan and India on the resumption of dialogue on all points following the Pakistan-India International Secretary stage talks in Thimphu, Bhutan, on February 6, 2011.
13. The 2 leaders reaffirmed that peace and prosperity within the South Asian area is significant for realizing peace and prosperity throughout Asia and the world. On this regard, Prime Minister Kan expressed his dedication to assist the position of South Asian Affiliation for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) in selling regional cooperation in South Asia. President Zardari welcomed Japan’s curiosity within the discussion board.
14. President Zardari highlighted the dedication of the Authorities of Pakistan to implement broad ranging financial reforms which are being undertaken in Pakistan as a matter of pressing precedence to make sure sustained and inclusive development and growth.
15. President Zardari conveyed the gratitude of the Authorities and folks of Pakistan for the beneficiant help supplied by the Authorities of Japan for socio-economic growth over 5 many years and to assist Pakistan’s reduction and early restoration efforts within the aftermath of current devastating floods, which brought about huge destruction to life, property and infrastructure in Pakistan. The Authorities of Pakistan stays dedicated to the efficient utilization of Japan’s assist for the good thing about the folks of Pakistan. The 2 leaders acknowledged the significance of sharing experiences on and taking measures for catastrophe danger discount.
16. Prime Minister Kan acknowledged that the Authorities of Japan will proceed to assist Pakistan’s efforts within the growth of the ability sector, administration and administration of water assets and infrastructure growth.
17. Prime Minister Kan identified the importance of the idea of human safety and expressed the readiness of the Authorities of Japan to supply Pakistan help within the area of schooling, human useful resource growth, promotion of employment and well being, together with for the Pakistan Polio Initiative, via the implementation of the Kan Dedication introduced on the Excessive-level Plenary Assembly of the UN Common Meeting on Millennium Growth Targets final yr.
18. President Zardari underscored that Pakistan presents huge alternatives for mutually helpful investments and that an motion plan is being ready by the Authorities of Pakistan for selling Japanese investments. Prime Minister Kan welcomed this initiative and expressed the intention of the Authorities of Japan to assist such efforts. President Zardari welcomed the choice by the Authorities of Japan to approve import of mangoes from Pakistan.
19. The 2 leaders directed their officers to overview measures to strengthen their financial relations, together with within the areas of commerce, funding and infrastructure growth.
20. The 2 leaders underscored the significance of holding government-business dialogue for enhancing cooperation in each private and non-private sectors.
21. The 2 leaders determined to strengthen folks to folks contacts notably specializing in parliamentary, enterprise and youth exchanges, inter alia via@ Japan-East Asia Community of Alternate for College students and Youths (JENESYS). President Zardari, whereas stressing the necessity to facilitate these exchanges by simplifying the visa procedures in each nations acknowledged that the Authorities of Pakistan will positively think about the exemption of visas and simplification of visa procedures for Japanese enterprise individuals and vacationers.
22. The 2 leaders acknowledged the significance of strengthening cultural and tutorial exchanges with the intention to additional strengthen the lengthy standing pleasant relationship between the Governments and folks of the 2 nations. In addition they underscored the significance of constructing on the deep and historic cultural bonds between the 2 nations.
23. The 2 leaders pressured the significance of bilateral cooperation between the 2 nations within the scientific and technological fields together with via the promotion of pupil exchanges.
24. The 2 leaders famous with satisfaction the enlargement of bilateral protection and safety cooperation. They determined to strengthen cooperation within the area of protection together with via coaching of protection personnel and cooperation between their respective protection instructional establishments.
25. The 2 leaders acknowledged the significance of sustaining the security and safety of maritime navigation and to additional improve cooperation on this regard.
26. The 2 leaders acknowledged that they share the worldwide goals of disarmament and non-proliferation. They determined to deepen cooperation in these areas via nearer dialogue.
27. The 2 leaders welcomed the Cancun Agreements adopted on the 16th Convention of the Events (COP) to the United Nations Framework Conference on Local weather Change. They reaffirmed their willpower to constructively work collectively in the direction of a profitable end result at COP 17 in South Africa.
28. The 2 leaders underscored the significance of consultations and cooperation on the multilateral boards. They underlined the necessity for a reform of the UN Safety Council (UNSC).
29. Prime Minister Kan reiterated Japan’s place on North Korea, which attaches overarching significance to bringing a few complete answer to all points referring to North Korea of concern to Japan, resembling the problems of nuclear applications, missile growth and abduction. Specifically, Prime Minister Kan expressed grave concern over North Korea’s uranium enrichment program which is in contravention of its worldwide obligations. President Zardari acknowledged the Authorities of Pakistan’s place of supporting a nuclear weapons free Korean peninsula and the abatement of tensions, and hoped all points will probably be resolved via peaceable means.
30. The 2 leaders determined to have fun the 60th anniversary of the institution of diplomatic relations between Japan and Pakistan within the yr 2012 in a befitting method.
31. President Zardari expressed his appreciation for the nice and cozy welcome and hospitality prolonged to him by the Authorities of Japan. President Zardari prolonged a cordial invitation to Prime Minister Kan to go to Pakistan. Prime Minister Kan obtained the invitation with profound appreciation.
|Prime Minister of Japan||President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan|
|Mr. Naoto Kan||Mr. Asif Ali Zardari|